Pinehurst Surgical Imaging Center offers Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
Electrocardiograms are a routine and painless procedure given to many of our patients at Pinehurst Surgical as part of their Pre-Operative physical exam and are typically used to diagnose the following;
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Poor blood flow to the heart
- Any other cardiac abnormalities
EKG Test Procedure
Our Pinehurst Surgical cardiac rhythm tests are performed by certified EKG technicians and take approximately 10 minutes. Read the steps below to learn what you can expect when you come into our clinic for an electrocardiogram procedure:
- We’ll ask you to undress from the waist up, put on a paper gown, and lie down on your back.
- The technician will attach small electrodes to the arms, legs, and chest and ask you to relax.
- A record of the electrical activity of your heart — or electrocardiogram — will be obtained.
How will I be billed?
You will receive two bills following your EKG exam:
- One from Pinehurst Surgical
- You will receive a separate bill from Pinehurst Medical Clinic for the interpretation of your EKG report.
Pinehurst Surgical is a multi-specialty clinic comprised of ten specialty centers located in a state-of-the-art surgical facility in Pinehurst, NC. We also have six additional locations in Laurinburg, Hamlet, Raeford, Rockingham, Sanford and Troy and serve patients in throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, and beyond.