Pinehurst Surgical: Patient Confidentiality Information
At Pinehurst Surgical, each of our physicians in Pinehurst, Raeford, Hamlet, Sanford, NC and surrounding areas understands the importance of patient confidentiality and is committed to the protection of your personal health information.
All personal identification information provided to Pinehurst Surgical by our patients is protected and stored on a secure server:
- All information given via the physician consult form or in a conversation with any of our employees is held in complete confidence.
- Our employees adhere to the strict standards for patient confidentiality set by the American Medical Association and the Health on the Net Foundation.
- We do not share any of your personal information with any associated sites.
- We will not release any personally identifying information to anyone unless mandated by federal or state laws.
- Aggregate statistical summaries may be released to third parties, but these statistics will contain no personally identifiable information.
Medfusion, Inc. provides the technical information security services for the Pinehurst Surgical website. When you submit your information to our website, that information is encrypted, then subsequently decoded and stored on a secure server. There are two ways of knowing you are connected to a secure server.
- A little closed padlock or unbroken key will appear on the bottom of your browser’s window when you access a secure page.
- The “http” at the beginning of the URL will change to “https” when you access secure pages.
Email correspondence and notifications from Pinehurst Surgical will not contain any medical information or indication of medical treatment. Our patients and physicians communicate health information through a secure server only.
To consult with your Pinehurst, NC physician about health matters, patients must first register on our website and communicate through our secure server. When your physician needs to correspond with you, an email will be sent notifying you to log on to the secure portion of our website and read the communication.
Technical Issues Regarding Confidentiality
Medfusion, Inc. also provides technical support and maintains all technical security for the secure areas of Pinehurst Surgical’s website.
Medfusion, Inc. uses a firewall to ensure the security of all information submitted to our servers. A firewall prevents unnecessary exposure of our secure servers to the Internet, and detects and wards off intrusion attempts. The firewall we use is an industry leader in reliability and performance.
We use “cookies” to store necessary information on your computer. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. They simply provide information about the features you have already selected without asking for your preferences each time you log on. To access some of the features on our website, you will need to enable cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may want to check your preferences to confirm.
If you have problems seeing pages on our website, it means either:
- The option to receive cookies has been disabled in your browser, or
- You have an older version of a browser that does not support cookies.
While the Virtual Office will work with some earlier browsers, when cookies are enabled, we recommend that you use Version 6 (or newer) of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Still have additional questions? Feel free to contact us at (910) 672-6364 to speak with a Pinehurst Surgical staff member directly. We look forward to serving you.