Rights & Responsibilities
Pinehurst Surgical: Patient Rights & Responsibilities
At Pinehurst Surgical, we take the well-being of our patients and our staff seriously. That’s why we strive to create an environment that promotes and fosters teamwork, respect and compassion for all.
Each patient of Pinehurst Surgical has the right to:
- Access to care regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, religion, or disability/handicap.
- Considerate, dignified and respectful care.
- Consideration of his/her privacy and confidentiality.
- Personal safety.
- Names of and professional status of the health care providers.
- Information concerning diagnosis, treatment and health perspective.
- Have communication needs met by verbal or written interpreters, family members and or clinic visitors.
- Informed consent prior to and during treatment.
- Accept or refuse medical care as allowed by law and to be informed of the consequences that may occur.
- Refuse to participate in experimental research.
- Expect that the clinic will provide the necessary health services to the best of its ability.
- Information regarding charges for services and available payment arrangements.
- Information on the clinic rules and regulations pertaining to his/her conduct.
Each patient has the responsibility to:
- Provide accurate and complete information about his/her present complaints, past illnesses, hospital stays and medications.
- Notify the responsible health provider of any unexpected changes in his/her condition.
- Understand the health information provided and follow the recommended treatment plan.
- Inform the health provider if the recommended course of treatment is not followed.
- Assure a payment is made at the time services are rendered or an acceptable financial arrangement is fulfilled within a reasonable period of time.
- Respect the rights of other patients and personnel.
- Recognize the effect of lifestyle on his/her personal life.